When mistakes caused by negligence happen in the delivery room or hospital, it may force families to deal with serious birth injuries and a lifetime of medical treatment. There are few injuries that are more devastating than birth injuries, especially when those injuries were avoidable with proper care.
At the law firm of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff LLP, our lawyers have years of experience helping clients pursue birth injury claims in the Bronx and throughout New York City. Our firm is equipped to handle a full range of birth injury claims, including:
- Cerebral palsy: If your child has cerebral palsy because of medical malpractice during labor or delivery, we can help.
- Erb’s palsy: Erb’s palsy damages the nerves in the shoulder and the muscles in the elbow.
- Brain injuries from birth. When a baby does not have sufficient oxygen during labor and delivery, he or she can suffer severe brain injury.
- Excessive newborn jaundice: When a child has excessive levels of bilirubin at birth, it can lead to severe brain damage, known as kernicterus.
- Obstetric negligence: When obstetricians make mistakes in the labor and delivery process, the result can be life-changing injuries or death to the child and/or the mother.
- Cesarean section injuries: A cesarean section is major surgery. When doctors fail to handle complications arising from the surgery, mothers can be injured or even killed.
- Improper use of forceps: Doctors must exercise great care when using forceps to deliver a child. Inappropriate use of this device can lead to lifelong injuries.
- Traumatic vacuum extraction: Vacuum extraction, when performed improperly or at an inappropriate stage of labor, can cause severe damage and trauma.
- Failure to recognize fetal distress: Fetal monitoring strips provide extensive information about your child’s progress in labor. When medical professionals fail to act on signs of distress, your child may be severely injured or die as a result.
- Failure to recognize pregnancy-induced hypertension: High blood pressure, or hypertension, caused by pregnancy can injure both the child and the mother.
- Uterine rupture: When doctors and others in the delivery room fail to recognize signs of uterine rupture, the mother and child can die.
- Failure to recognize and treat infant seizures: Infant seizures are often a sign of birth injuries that have been caused by medical negligence during labor or delivery.
- Prolonged rupture of membranes
- Neonatal sepsis
- Failure to resuscitate
While compensation cannot reverse what has happened, it can help your child live a life that is as full as possible.
Contact Our Birth Injury Lawyers in the Bronx
At Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff LLP, our experienced lawyers offer compassionate representation during these difficult times. Call us at 212-344-1000 or e-mail us to schedule your free, confidential consultation.