TOP-RATED PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS NEW YORK CITY
We Have A 95% Success Rate and 100 Years of Experience.
Helped Over 30,000 Personal Injury Cases Of Injured New Yorkers.
Get The Help You Deserve.
- Construction Accident Injury – If you have been injured in a construction accident in New York City, you have rights as a victim that you must ensure are upheld. The best way to make sure that you are getting a fair chance at what you deserve, while also focusing on recovering from your injuries, is to work with an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer New York City
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injury – If you have been seriously injured in an accident due to the negligence of another automobile driver, our trial lawyers will lead the way to full compensation for your injuries. At RMFW Law, our injury attorneys are dedicated to getting the money you need and deserve.
- Bicycle Accident Injury – Bicycling is a useful way to get from place to place in the city, and it provides a healthy form of exercise. Of course, when inattentive motorists strike bicyclists, bicyclists often suffer severe injuries. If you were injured anywhere in New York City, our law firm has the experience and resources to help.
- Bike Sharing Injury – The popularity of the program does not prevent bicycle accidents from occurring – and accidents give rise to questions about who is responsible for damages. Our NYC personal injury lawyer has the knowledge and legal skills to determine who is liable for a bike share accident and pursue them for maximum recovery.
- Boating Accident Injury – Boating accidents cause severe injuries and sometimes death. You or your loved ones may have significant medical bills and other expenses to deal with. Your injuries may also prevent you from getting back to work anytime soon. To get the best chance of recovering the full measure of damages, it is important to work with an experienced New York City boat crash attorney.
- Car Accident Injury – Automobile accidents can cause severe injuries that impact every part of your life. Our New York personal injury attorneys handle all types of accidents, including head-on collisions. We won’t rest until we have helped you recover the full measure of your damages. We have a full understanding of New York insurance laws, including “no-fault” and Personal Injury Protection (PIP).
- Intersection Accident Injury – Intersections are some of the most dangerous places on the road, and in New York City, they are notorious for the number of accidents that happen each year. When drivers fail to yield or stop at red lights, stop signs, or uncontrolled intersections, it can often result in accidents with significant injuries to the accident victims.
- Limousine Accident Injury – A limousine accident can turn a special occasion into a nightmare. Our law firm will fully investigate all potential causes of your accident and work to recover appropriate damages for your injuries.
- Motorcycle Accident Injury – While motorcycles can travel at high speeds, motorcyclists have very few protections against careless drivers. As a result, motorcycle accidents regularly lead to serious injuries.
- Pedestrian Accident Injury – Millions of New Yorkers get around by foot on busy city streets. When motorists fail to use due care and strike pedestrians, the results can be serious and even fatal. We will help you get the financial compensation you need for your injuries.
- Taxi Accident Injury – If you were injured in an accident involving a licensed “medallion” cab or an unlicensed taxi in New York City, we will work to hold the appropriate parties responsible.
- Truck Accident Injury – The owners and operators of semi-trucks and 18-wheelers have a great responsibility to exercise a high degree of care while on the road. When truckers fail to exercise care, the results can be catastrophic.
- Premises(Slip and Falls) Injury – If a property owner or property maintenance fails to keep their property up to a reasonable level of safety for visitors and you are ultimately injured in a slip and fall, elevator accident, or injury from defective conditions as a result, you may be eligible to seek financial compensation from them in the form of a premise liability lawsuit or settlement.
CONTACT US – GET THE TOP NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Insurance companies will attempt to make you a settlement far less than you deserve. The Top New York City Personal Injury Attorneys
of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP will give you the advice necessary to ensure success in your personal injury claims
Call Now for a Free Consultation by a Top New York City Personal Injury Attorneys!
New York may be one of the most productive, prosperous cities in the world, but it can also be a dangerous place to live. With 8.6 million residents, the chances of you or someone you know getting injured in an accident is unfortunately high. If you are hurt in an accident, you could be facing exorbitant medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You should not be responsible for covering the costs of an injury that was not your fault. A professional a Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney NYC
, like the legal representation that you’ll find at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP, can help you in your negotiations with your insurers and assist you in your road to recovery. Call today to receive a free consultation to fight for your personal injury claims.
Call Now for a Free Consultation by a Top New York City Personal Injury Lawyer!
Understanding Personal Injury Law
As a victim of a personal injury, you will quickly discover that the entire personal injury law process is complicated and stressful. In fact, if you are focusing on recovering from injuries after an accident at the same time that you are attempting to get yourself the money you deserve, it may simply be too much to handle. Insurance companies benefit when you are stressed and overwhelmed while they are attempting to settle an injury case, but when you work with an attorney you will be able to focus on your recovery while you have legal professionals fighting for your best injury claims.
No matter the situation, you can be certain that the party responsible for your injuries, and their legal defense team, will be working aggressively to identify every possible way to limit the amount of money that you ultimately receive for your settlement.
Common Personal Injury Types
Since there are so many possible situations that can be considered under tort and personal injury law, there are no injuries that can be specifically mapped to these incidents. All types of accidents are unpredictable, meaning that there is an infinite number of factors that go into determining the type and severity of an injury, but the following are a few common injuries that we represent in the New York court system
for our clients.
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURIES
Traumatic brain injuries can be life-changing, and even fatal in certain cases. If you suspect that you have suffered any degree of brain injury, it is absolutely essential that you see a doctor immediately in order to have brain scans done and identify the necessary courses of action. Brain injuries are sometimes known as “silent killers” because people may feel like they should just “shake it off” or ignore it. In the past, concussions were simply regarded as “getting your bell rung,” and victims were encouraged to work through it. We now know that this is the exact opposite of what a victim should actually do.
BROKEN AND FRACTURED BONES
A fractured bone is a lot more obvious than a traumatic brain injury
, and also needs to be treated with similar urgency. These can result from a variety of impacts, such as a slip and fall on an icy walkway or broken stairway, a car crash injury, cycling injury, and more. Once a bone is placed in a cast, the recovery process can have a serious impact on your earning ability and your day-to-day life.
Whiplash is an extremely common injury in vehicle accidents, and is the result of damage to the soft tissues in the neck and shoulder area when the head is snapped forward, down, and back in a rapid “S” motion. Since this injury is specifically focused on soft tissues, and since you will likely be surging with adrenaline after a crash, it can take a few days to recognize the true extent of your injuries if you have suffered from whiplash.
Bruising is another common type of injury that someone can experience after any type of impact crash, including a slip and fall, car accident, motorcycle crash, and any other situation where the victim’s blood vessels are ruptured near the surface of their skin. If the damage is bad enough, a bruise may turn into a hematoma
, which is a type of bruise that is extremely painful and may require additional attention in order to be drained or alleviated. These are also common as seatbelt injuries, which are caused when a person is restrained in an accident but the seatbelt injures them.
Personal Injury Law Firms New York
Not all New York City personal injury attorneys represent plaintiffs in all types of cases. Before you commit to a particular attorney or law firm, you should make sure that their team has specific experience representing clients in your particular type of case. With over 99 years of experience in personal injury litigation experience in the state of New York, the Law Firm of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff offers a wide array of services. The following is a breakdown of the types of suits that we provide legal advice for our clients.
The most recent statistical data offered
by the New York State Department of Health indicates that there were on average 1,098 deaths, 12,093 hospitalizations, and 136,913 emergency room visits per year due to traffic accidents. Even in a state with a population the size of New York, that’s a staggering sum. Insurance companies are usually quick to make an offer to injury victims, but those offers are rarely sufficient to pay for much more than the medical bills of the injured party. If you are injured while driving, on a bicycle, or on foot, don’t accept a settlement without speaking to a car accident lawyer
PREMISE LIABILITY CASES (SLIP AND FALL)
The custodians and owners of property owe a duty of care to their invited guests. Whether it’s a retail store, a government facility, or the common areas of an apartment building, if you have legal permission to be on someone’s property, you also have the right to reasonable safety. That means that it should be clear of hazards, have adequate warnings of dangerous situations, and proper security measures. It’s essential that you contact a lawyer NYC
as close to the time of the accident as possible. Precious evidence for your case can be lost in the immediate days following your accident.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CASES
When you see a physician or check into a medical facility, you have a legal right to a reasonable standard of care. That doesn’t necessarily mean that the doctor or staff will cure you or improve your condition, but that they will use the best tools at their disposal and give you competent, professional medical advice. It also means that they’ll advise you of the risks involved in any course of action that they recommend. If you’re injured by a doctor, nurse, medical facility, or pharmacist, you have the right to compensation.
CONSTRUCTION SITE ACCIDENTS
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), 20% of worker fatalities
in the United States were construction accidents
. Construction is by far one of the most dangerous industries for employment in New York City. Many New York City construction workers are hired as independent contractors by construction companies, but they’re still protected under the Construction Industry Fair Play Act
. Under this law, you are considered an employee unless all three of these conditions are met:
You are free from direction and/or control in your job performance.
- You’re performing work that isn’t part of the type of work that the business that hired you normally does.
- You have your own independent business.
In most cases, if you’ve been injured in a construction accident, your employer is responsible for your work injuries
. Contact a personal injury attorney new york city
NEW YORK’S SECTIONS 240 AND 241
In addition to the protections afforded to all workers under New York law, the state offers additional protections for construction workers. Under these sections of the code, contractors and building owners can be held liable for unsafe conditions that result in injury. In addition to Worker’s Compensation benefits, which are rarely sufficient to cover a serious workplace injury, Sections 240
of the New York code, allow injured construction workers to sue employers for additional remuneration for things like lost earnings, diminished work capacity, and pain and suffering.
Accidental death is always tragic, but there are times when in addition to their grief, the survivors are impacted economically as well. When an individual dies due to the negligence of a person or organization, their family members may be able to hold the responsible parties accountable through civil action. Family members are often entitled to full economic compensation, remuneration for lost future income, their emotional pain and suffering as well as any trauma suffered by the deceased prior to their departure, and punitive damages. Talk about your case with an attorney.
Personal Injury Lawyers New York City
MOST PERSONAL INJURY SUITS IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK ARE SETTLED AT THE STATE LEVEL. THAT MEANS THAT THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK ARE APPLICABLE WITH REGARD TO DAMAGE CAPS AND THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON PERSONAL INJURY LAWSUITS.
The state of New York does not cap damages on personal injury lawsuits
. Damages are decided by a jury.
Statute Of Limitations
In most instances, the statute of limitations is three years from the time of the accident that caused the injury. With malpractice cases, there is a 30-month statute of limitations, but it starts from the time that the medical malpractice injury was discovered. Medical malpractice sometimes goes unnoticed until some time after the medical accident occurred. Wrongful death suits must be filed within two years of the date of death, regardless of when the accident occurred.
Pure Comparative Fault
In New York, a judge or jury determines the percentage of fault of the plaintiff and then awards their damages based on the proportion. If, for example, a plaintiff is 20% at fault, they can recover 80% of their damages.
Why You Need A NYC Personal Injury Lawyer
Stress is a major factor
when it comes to making a full recovery after an injury, so it is important that you take the steps necessary to minimize your stress as much as possible. We understand all of the requirements and actions that will maximize your chances of a positive outcome for your case and will be able to take these steps while you are focusing on recovery.
If you are involved in an accident that is covered by an insurance policy, you will need to file your injury claim
with the insurance company and then deal with an injury claims
adjuster while they investigate the accident. We will be able to handle all communications with the injury claims adjuster, advise you on how to make statements about the accident, and then will be able to handle the necessary negotiations once the claims investigation is concluded so that you can get the money you truly deserve, not just the money that an insurance company hopes to pay you.
Give a personal injury lawyer in New York
today at 212-344-1000