The New York City law firm of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff LLP has helped parents and children with birth injury claims for decades. Our lawyers will help pursue the financial compensation necessary to help your child live as full a life as possible. Our dedicated attorneys and staff can take action in the full range of birth claims, including:
- Cerebral palsy: If your child has cerebral palsy because of medical malpractice during labor or delivery, we can help.
- Erb’s palsy: Erb’s palsy damages the nerves in the shoulder and the muscles in the elbow.
- Brain injuries from birth: When a baby does not have sufficient oxygen during labor and delivery, he or she can suffer severe brain injury.
- Excessive newborn jaundice: When a child has excessive levels of bilirubin at birth, it can lead to severe brain damage, known as kernicterus.
- Obstetric negligence: When obstetricians make mistakes in the labor and delivery process, the result can be life-changing injuries or death to the child and/or the mother.
- Cesarean section injuries: A cesarean section is major surgery. When doctors fail to handle complications arising from the surgery, mothers can be injured or even killed.
- Improper use of forceps: Doctors must exercise great care when using forceps to deliver a child. Inappropriate use of this device can lead to lifelong injuries.
- Traumatic vacuum extraction: Vacuum extraction, when performed improperly or at an inappropriate stage of labor, can cause severe damage and trauma.
- Failure to recognize fetal distress: Fetal monitoring strips provide extensive information about your child’s progress in labor. When medical professionals fail to act on signs of distress, your child may be severely injured or die as a result.
- Failure to recognize pregnancy-induced hypertension: High blood pressure, or hypertension, caused by pregnancy can injure both the child and the mother.
- Uterine rupture: When doctors and others in the delivery room fail to recognize signs of uterine rupture, the mother and child can die.
- Failure to recognize and treat infant seizures: Infant seizures are often a sign of birth injuries that have been caused by medical negligence during labor or delivery.
- Prolonged rupture of membranes
- Neonatal sepsis
- Failure to resuscitate
We know the devastation these injuries can cause for children and their parents. In many cases, these types of injuries make it necessary to provide a lifetime worth of medical care. Our Brooklyn birth injury attorneys can help you bring a claim against those who are responsible for your child’s condition.
Contact Our Brooklyn Birth Injury Lawyers
At Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff LLP, our experienced lawyers offer compassionate representation during these difficult times. Call us at 212-344-1000 or e-mail us to schedule your free, confidential consultation.