Clients are never charged for anything unless we win their case!
NEW YORK CITY LYFT ACCIDENT LAWYER
Lyft Accidents in New York City
Lyft and other ridesharing services have made transportation in the city more affordable and convenient. As a popular alternative to New York City’s well-known taxi service, it provides a cost-effective way to minimize danger and reduce the chance of drunk driving accidents and DUIs.
However, ridesharing options such as Lyft bring up more questions regarding liability and responsibility in the case of an accident. Seeking compensation after a Lyft accident can be a complicated process because determining who to pursue damages against can often be confusing and ineffective.
If you have been injured in a collision with a Lyft driver or as a passenger of a Lyft vehicle, contact the NYC Lyft accident lawyers at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP to explore your legal options. Our New York City injury attorneys have the experience and dedication to determine who to pursue for recovery, ensuring you receive the maximum possible compensation for any and all damages.
What is Lyft’s Insurance Coverage?
Like Uber, Lyft provides certain types of insurance coverage when a driver is using the Lyft platform. The company provides:
- Contingent liability coverage when the Lyft app is in driver mode before the driver receives a ride request, with policy limits of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident.
- Liability insurance coverage with a $1,000,000 per accident policy limit that goes into effect from the time the driver accepts a ride request until the ride has ended in the Lyft app.
- Contingent collision and comprehensive insurance designed to provide additional coverage for the driver’s vehicle.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage up to the limit required by law that goes into effect when a Lyft driver has accepted a ride or is transporting a passenger.
Because this coverage operates, more or less, like any other insurance company, victims of a car accident may often receive an initial settlement that is far lower than what is necessary to recoup all damages. Often, a skilled NYC Lyft accident lawyer is highly recommended in order to effectively negotiate the appropriate compensation needed for recovery.
Who is Responsible for Damages from a Lyft Accident in New York City?
In determining who is the liable party in a Lyft accident, several factors must be considered. Lyft drivers and their individual insurance companies are responsible for accidents caused by Lyft driver negligence at any time the driver is not using the Lyft app.
However, if an accident occurs after a driver receives a ride request, or while the driver is transporting a passenger, liability coverage provided by the company may go into effect. This coverage has policy limits up to $1,000,000 if the driver is on the Lyft app and transporting a passenger when an accident occurs.
All of these limitations can create confusion when attempting to file a claim for damages. Additionally, sometimes this can be up to interpretation from the driver and the company, resulting in a needlessly complex claims process. The experienced Lyft accident attorneys of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP can skillfully navigate any potentially confusing policies to help you get the recovery you deserve.
Common Causes of Lyft Accidents in New York City
Car accidents occur for a variety of reasons. Common causes of Lyft accidents include:
- Distracted driving, as Lyft drivers rely on a cell phone app for directions and to obtain riders
- Speeding and aggressive driving when drivers are rushing to finish a fare or pick up a new fare
- Stopping on the street as instructed by GPS rather than in a safe area
- Lack of sleep and drowsy driving
- Driver inattentiveness and negligence
- Failure to properly maintain the vehicle
All of these ultimately involve driver error – negligence behind the wheel of their vehicle. In these cases, you may have grounds to file a claim for compensation of any damages incurred as a result of the accident.
Tough Advocates for Lyft Accident Victims in New York City
If you have been injured in a Lyft accident in New York City, contact the lawyers Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP to explore your options for compensation. Lyft accident cases can often be complex, and insurance companies have their own best interests in mind when paying out for claims.
Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP has recovered nearly a billion in damages for our clients. We will fight hard to pursue the full compensation you are entitled to receive. Schedule a consultation today – the first meeting is free, and we operate on a contingency fee basis.