Clients are never charged for anything unless we win their case!
NEW YORK CITY DISTRACTED DRIVING ATTORNEY
NEW YORK CITY DISTRACTED DRIVING ATTORNEY
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), distracted driving claimed 3,450 lives in the U.S. in 2016 and injured another 391,000 people. NHTSA reports that during daylight hours, 481,000 people are using cell phones while driving, creating an enormous potential for fatal and injury crashes. In New York State alone, the Governor reports that 205,213 distracted driving tickets were issued in 2016.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to a distracted driving accident, contact the experienced NYC personal injury lawyers at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP today. Since our firm was established in 1922, we have won hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for distracted driving accident victims – with a success rate of over 95%. We have the experience to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free consultation with us today to explore your legal options.
How is Distracted Driving Defined?
NHTSA defines distracted driving as any activity that diverts the driver’s attention from driving. This may include:
- Talking or texting on the phone
- Eating or drinking
- Talking to passengers in the vehicle
- Adjusting the stereo, entertainment, or navigation system
According to the NHTSA, texting while driving is quickly becoming one of the most dangerous types of distracted driving. On average, it takes a driver’s eyes off the road for five seconds. At 55 mph, this is equivalent to driving the entire length of a football field with your eyes closed.
Does New York Have Laws Against Distracted Driving?
In the state of New York, distracted driving is not only dangerous but also illegal. According to the Governor’s website, the current penalties are as follows:
- First offense: Minimum $50 and maximum $200 fine
- Second offense in 18 months: Maximum fine increased to $250
- The third offense in 18 months: Maximum fine of $450
For junior and probationary drivers, the penalties are stiffer:
- First offense: 120-day license suspension
- The second offense within six months: One-year revocation of permit or license
What Can You Do If You Have Been Injured by a Distracted Driver?
Drivers in New York City have a duty to use reasonable care to reduce the risk of accidents. When drivers become distracted by texting, talking on the phone, or in any other way, and it results in an accident, they may be liable for the injuries they have caused.
The New York City distracted driving accident attorneys at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP can help after a car accident caused by a distracted driver. We never charge a fee or expenses unless and until we win your case. Our experienced New York City car accident lawyer can:
- Investigate the crash. This includes taking pictures, interviewing witnesses, obtaining police reports, and preserving the evidence to properly prepare your case.
- Visit you at your home or the hospital if you request it.
- Prepare and file no-fault insurance claims in a timely manner.
- Assist you in finding a medical provider that accepts no-fault insurance.
- Obtain medical records from doctors and hospitals to effectively present your case.
- Determine the amount of insurance coverage available for your claim.
- Never settle your claim unless you are completely satisfied with the offer.
The truth is that representatives of insurance companies are primarily interested in the company’s bottom line and are not inclined to compensate you fully unless they are forced to do so. Often, these companies may offer you a quick, initial settlement that is far lower than what you are entitled to. Hiring an NYC distracted driving collision attorney that is skilled in negotiation may help you avoid these low offers and instead pursue the appropriate amount of compensation.
Contact Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP Today for Maximum Recovery
The skilled distracted driving accident lawyers of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP can help you navigate the tactics of insurance companies to ensure you receive maximum compensation for your injuries. With nearly a century of experience, our firm has recovered over $1 billion for our clients, with aggressive litigation that is tailored to your unique needs and circumstances today.
Schedule a consultation today. The initial meeting is free, and we also operate on a contingency fee basis – you don’t pay any fees until we win your case.