Clients are never charged for anything unless we win their case!
FAULTY SAFETY EQUIPMENT
As an employee, you should expect to work in a safe environment and be provided with effective safety equipment. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. This is most evident in the construction industry. As the skyscrapers continue to rise and the construction industry booms in New York City, accidents due to faulty safety equipment still happens at an alarming rate. Any injury can be devasting, but the negative effects of a workplace injury are further magnified when you know that the accident could have been prevented if you were afforded effective safety equipment. Fortunately, New York worker’s compensation laws allow you to seek damages for injuries sustained as a result of defective equipment (through a claim or filing a lawsuit against a third-party). However, being fairly compensated is not always easy. In many cases, working with an experienced construction accident lawyer in New York can help to ensure that you are appropriately represented and able to effectively fight for your right to be compensated for injuries sustained. If you have been recently injured on the worksite, do not wait until it is too late to file a claim. Contact our knowledgeable attorneys at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP to schedule your free initial consultation today.
Common Types of Faulty Safety Equipment in The Workplace
Though there are countless safety laws in effect, workplace injuries due to defective safety equipment happen all too often. Most construction jobs require that employees wear or use some type of safety equipment. In some cases, the equipment provided is not up to par and can cause severe injuries (including death). The most common types of faulty safety equipment on the construction site include:
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Power and Hand Tools
- Defective or Broken Ladders
- Faulty Rigging Equipment
Injuries Caused by Faulty Safety Equipment
Accidents that occur on construction sites are the most deadly of all workplace accidents. Furthermore, accidents that occur because of faulty safety equipment can cause severe injuries. Sustained injuries can result in a loss of income, pain and suffering, and a decrease in your standard of living. Listed below are the most common injuries caused by faulty safety equipment. If you have suffered any of the following injuries, contact a proven Construction accident lawyer in New York to discuss your case as soon as possible.
- Head Injuries
- Cuts, Burns, and Bruises
- Broken Bones
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Pulled Muscles
- Loss of Limbs
- Eye Injuries
What to Do If You Have Been Injured on The Worksite
If you have been injured on the construction site, it is imperative that you take immediate action. Any delay could result in further injuries and potentially damage your chances of seeking maximum compensation for your injuries. After an injury has occurred, it is recommended that you take the following steps:
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: Even if your injury does not require an ambulance, it is imperative that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. If you do not, your injuries could worsen. If your injuries are exasperated because you did not seek timely medical attention, it could reduce or nullify a potential personal injury award or worker’s compensation claim.
- Preserve and Collect Evidence: If you are able, ensure that you take pictures and/or videos of the faulty safety equipment that caused the accident. Note the conditions as well as potential witnesses.
- Notify Your Company: If you do not notify your company of the injury in a sufficient amount of time, you may lose the opportunity to successfully file a worker’s compensation claim.
- Seek the Help of a Construction Accident Lawyer in New York: Whether you are filing a claim or pursuing a lawsuit against a third-party manufacturer, an attorney can help to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Working With a Construction Accident Lawyer in New York
You can certainly file a worker’s compensation claim or a lawsuit against a third-party on your own. However, in doing so, you may not receive the compensation that you deserve. Working with an adept construction accident lawyer in New York can help to ensure that you are not being taken advantage of and you are fairly compensated for injuries that occur as a result of faulty safety equipment. If you have been injured on the construction site in New York, give the attorneys at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP a call to schedule your free initial consultation today.