Every medical treatment begins with a series of diagnostic tests like an x-rays, MRIs, ultrasounds, or mammograms as required for specific patient situation. Thus, the radiologists have a supremely ethical responsibility to accurately read and interpret the x-rays or other similar diagnostic results to produce descriptive reports.
If the radiologists make any error in reading the x-ray or ends up misinterpreting the results, then treatment procedures based on such x-ray reports will be erroneous or delayed. The unnecessary delay in proper treatment procedures can not only increase the illness of patients, but can also lead to fatalities. In the state of New York, or even in other US states, this kind of professional negligence provides sufficient grounds for a patient to pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit with the help of qualified legal personnel.
Typical cases of medical misinterpretations
The most common type of radiological errors, a significant portion of which is misinterpretation of x-ray images leading to erroneous reports are:
- Misreading of x-rays
- Misjudging CT scans
- Misinterpreting mammograms
- Misjudging MRIs
- Misreading of Ultrasounds
In the worst case scenario, a person may even die as a result of wrong or delayed treatment caused by erroneous diagnostic reports. As these errors are human errors which can and should be avoided, New York medical malpractice laws grants the right to a victim to file a malpractice case. No one should get away with this. If someone in the medical community is careless or neglectful they should be legally called out. If you do not do something about it, then this issue will probably just persist. Every patient should be taken serious – certainly if they are honest and hardworking Americans or even a foreigner.
Call RMFW Law at 212 697 9280 to set up an appointment.
Common risks of misinterpretation of x-rays
The common risks associated with erroneous diagnostic reports:
· Delayed treatment leading to death
· The quick spread of diseases like cancer due to delayed or failed treatment procedures
· The birth of a pre-mature child with serious abnormalities
· Organ damage in case of doctors failing to diagnose early warning signs
· A highly infectious disease spreading like wildfire in absence of proper diagnosis
· Unnecessary treatment provided based on wrong laboratory reports.
Each of the above situations allows the victim to file for a medical malpractice case and demand appropriate compensation for irreversible damages.
In misread x-rays the legal evidence is directly available
For x-ray related medical malpractice cases, the most powerful evidence is the radiologists’ x-ray images and reports. Any experienced legal team will challenge the radiologist’s professional credibility through the engagement of a medical expert, and prove that the radiologist’s failure led to physical damages and permanent injuries to the patient. The evidentiary documents required to file a medical malpractice lawsuit in New York may include:
· All medical records of current treatment
· All diagnostic test results and reports
· Proofs of medical expenses
· Proofs of damages following wrong treatment such as lost earnings, disability, and pain and suffering
The law firm that stands head and shoulders above the rest
The first requirement for filing the malpractice suit will be to ensure that you are well within the statute of limitations applicable to the state of New York. Usually, an experienced legal team like RMFW law will employ the following tactical strategy to build a strong case:
· Premise 1: The healthcare provider is duty bound to serve the patient
· Premise 2: The healthcare provider breached the code of duty
· Premise 3: The x-ray reports cause health damages to the patient
If you or a close family member has been a recent victim of a radiological error leading to health damages, please call the medical malpractice law firm Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff, & Wolff of RMFW Law at 212 697 9280. You do not have pay to get a sound evaluation of your case. The first meeting is free! Let us evaluate your case!
We have won big money for past clients and continue to do so. Do not let the other side get away with this. You will not be the last victim. We are not paid until you are paid. We will keep you informed every step of the way.