Unfortunately, in this day and age of advancements in technology and science, birth traumas or injury still occur in great numbers in the United States. Statistics reveal that of every 1,000 infants born in the US, 6 to 8 are born with a birth injury. This means that about 1 in every 9,714 people in the country are born with a birth injury.
No matter how you want to give birth, you should keep in mind that even under the best circumstances, there is a potential for complications arising during labor or delivery. This increases the risk of birth trauma for babies as well as mothers. This is why it is extremely important to make sure that you are cared for by experienced medical professionals who are prepared to handle any type of complications that may occur.
Important Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Hospital for Childbirth
Apart from choosing a hospital that is covered by your insurance, there are a number of things you need to consider before picking a hospital for childbirth. You should also ask about hospital policies and features. Here is a look at some of the other important questions you should ask before you make a decision:
· How many births take place on average at the hospital?
· What type of fetal monitoring equipment does the hospital use?
· What is the rate of C-sections at the hospital?
· What percentage of births in the hospital are unplanned C-sections?
· Are there special services offered for high-risk pregnancies?
· What is the rate of episiotomy at the hospital?
Important Questions to Ask Midwives
If you are planning to hire a midwife for a home delivery or work with one in a birthing facility, there are a number of questions you need to ask before you choose one. Apart from asking about education, certificates, licensing and how many births they have assisted with, you should ask questions such as:
· Out of all of the births you attended, what is the percentage that required a hospital transfer? What are the reasons for requiring those transfers?
· Out of the births you have attended, what percentage have resulted ultimately in a C-section?
· Do you have privileges for hospital admitting? If so, at which hospitals do you have them?
· Do you have training or experience to handle breech deliveries?
· Do or can you perform episiotomies?
· Do you have assistants that work with you during deliveries? Is there a backup midwife you can contact in case you are not available? If so, what training, experience and licensing do they have?
· What are your infant and maternal mortality rates?
· Do you have the ability to administer Pitocin in case hemorrhaging needs to be controlled after birth?
· What are the circumstances under which you refer a patient to a doctor (Twin births, gestational diabetes, overdue birth, etc.)?
· Do you carry insurance for malpractice?
RMFW Law Can Handle Your Birth Trauma Medical Malpractice Case
If you or your child has suffered from birth trauma due to a doctor's negligence or carelessness, you should immediately consult an experienced medical malpractice lawyer at Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff, & Wolff of RMFW Law at 212-344-1000. If you have a viable case, your legal pro can help ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve by filing a medical malpractice lawsuit.
RMFW Law knows how to get the job done. We have won millions of dollars for past clients, and you too can be on this amazing list. You need to call us though so we can evaluate your case. You do not have a case if we cannot find a medical expert to back up your claim no matter how strongly you feel about it.
Do not assume anything. We know who to call though to see if your case is viable. We know medical experts across the board. There is no reason to yell at the clinic or hospital where this occurred, it was most likely just one person's fault and that person is no longer around you right now.
Call us today! Let's get started on this now!
|$15 Million - Jury Award for Brain Injury|
|$15 Million - Neurosurgical Brain Injury|
|$10.5 Million - Injured Infant Brain Damage|
|$9 Million - Brain Injured Baby Settlement|
|$7.75 Million - Settlement Injury To A Child|
|$7.5 Million - Injured Construction Worker Settlement|
|$7.25 Million - Intersection Accident Settlement NYC|
|$5.5 Million - Bus Accident Award|
|$5.5 Million - Injured Child|
|$5.5 Million - Blinded Woman|
|$5.45 Million - Injured Child|
|$5.4 Million - Construction Burn Victim|
|$5.1 Million - Motorcycle Victim|
|$5 Million - Construction Worker Back Injury|
|$5 Million - Eye Surgery|
|$4.5 Million - Failure to Perform C-Section|
|$4.5 Million - Personal Injury Settlement|
|$4.4 Million - Failure to Diagnose Infection|
|$4.125 Million - Failure to Diagnose Quadriplegia|
|$4.0 Million - NYC Hospital Negligence Birth Injury|
|$3.8 Million - Electrician|
|$3.75 Million - Hospital Negligence Sepsis|
|$3.7 Million - Birth Injury Infant Stroke|
|$3.5 Million - Faulty Freight Elevator Fall|
|$3.4 Million - Surgical Error Bronxville Hospital|
|$3.28 Million - Eye Surgery Case|
|$3.15 Million - Settlement for a Brooklyn Laborer|
|$3.1 Million - Verdict Returned by NY Jury|
|$3.1 Million - Awarded by Brooklyn Jurors|
|$3 Million - Birth Injury Development Delays|
|$3 Million - Settlement Scaffold Injury Hudson Yard|
|$3 Million - Hot Water Burn Death|
|$2.6 Million - Surgical Error Premature Death|
|$2.5 Million - Construction Concrete Worker Settlement|
|$2.5 Million - Hospital Malpractice Toddler Hemiplegia|
|$2.4 Million - Failure to Diagnose Lead to Paralysis|
|$2.3 Million - Birth Injury Brain Damage|
|$2.1 Million - Hospital Negligence Birth Injury|
|$2.1 Million - Failure to Diagnose Stroke|
|$2.1 Million - Surgical Error Paraplegic|
|$2.1 Million - Injured Worker|
|$2 Million - Hospital Negligence Permanent Injury|
|$2 Million - Malpractice Settlement Delay in Delivery|
|$2 Million - Verdict against Hospital|
|$1.8 Million - Failure to Diagnose Tumor|
|$1.75 Million - Diagnosing Prostate Cancer|
|$1.5 Million - Prostate Procedure Malpractice|
|$1.5 Million - Delay in Treatment - Nerve Damage|
MANHATTAN LAW OFFICE
122 East 42nd Street Suite 3800
New York, NY 10168
QUEENS LAW OFFICE
8900 Sutphin Blvd Suite 501
Queens, NY 11435
Tel: (718) 399-3100
*By Appointment Only
BRONX LAW OFFICE
220-226 E 161st Street
The Bronx, NY 10451
Tel: (212) 344-1000
*By Appointment Only